Professor Albert Adeboye
Sub-Dean, College of Science and Technology
ND, HND, BSc., MSc., PhD
- Sustainable Architecture, Building Construction & Human Settlements
- Architectural Education and Practice
- Theory and History of Architecture
Awards & Honours
· Best in HND Architecture College Prize (1981)
· Star Prize in “Abutecture” Habitat Award Competition ABU, Zaria (1989)
· Best Lecturer of the Year (2004/2005) in Coll. of Sc. & Tech., Covenant University.
- Award Winner of Design Competition for NIEVS Headquarters, Abuja - 2012
- Advanced Architectural Design
- Architectural Geometry and Graphics
- Building Components and Methods
- Term Papers (PhD)
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Two (2no.) PhD Co-Supervisor
Selected Publications (20)
2. Adewale, B.A., Aderonmu, P.A., Fulani, O.A., Jegede, F., Adeboye, A.B., Izobo-Martins, O.O. (2014), Designing to Meet Human Need: Place of Environment-Environment Studies in Architectural Education, 3rd World Conference on Design, Arts and Education, ISI Conference
3. Oluwatayo, A.A., Ezema, I.C., Alagbe, O.A., Adeboye, A.B., Fulani, O.A., (2014), Design Studio Project Complexity and Students’ Perception of Creativity, 3rd World Conference on Design, Arts and Education (ISI Conference)
4. Alagbe, O.A., Aderonmu, P.A., Opoko, P.A., Adeboye, A.B., Akinjare, O., Izobo-Martins, O.O., (2014), Comparison of Design Studio and Jury Systems in Architecture Schools in Southwest Nigeria, 3rd World Conference on Design, Arts and Education (ISI Conference)
5. Izobo-Martins.O.O., Adeboye, A.B. and Aduwo E.B (2014) Maintenance Challeges of Multi-Owner Multi-Storey Residential Buildings in Lagos, iSTEAMS Research Nexus Conference on Science, Technology, Education, Arts, Management & the Social Sciences at Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
6. Ibem E.O., Adeboye A.B., Alagbe O.A. (2014) Assessing the Implementation Structure for Public-Private Partnerships in Urban Housing in Nigeria, Conference at School of Construction Economic and Management, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
7. Olotuah A. O. ,Adeboye A. B. , Taiwo A. A. , Adedeji Y. M. D 4 and Fadairo G. (2012) Inculcating Green Architecture and Housing in Architectural Education in Nigeria
8. Amusan L.M. Mosaku T.O. Joshua O., Ayo C. K., Adeboye A. B. (2010) Expert System-Based Predictive Cost Model for Building Works: Neural Network Approach, Institute for Environment Research and Development pp52 – 59
9.Adeboye, A.B., Alagbe O.A. (2005), A Rational Approach to the Challenges of Urban Slum in Lagos State, National Conference on Lagos Region, University of Lagos, Book of Abstract pp 31-32.
Summary of Profile
Professor A.B. Adeboye had the awards of being Best in HND Architecture College Prize (1981), Star Prize in “Abutecture” Habitat Award Competition ABU, Zaria (1989) and Best Lecturer of the Year (2004/2005) in Coll. of Sc. & Tech., Covenant University. He has many publications in reputable academic journals and has been involved in many community services which include but not limited to Faculty Support Programme (member) 2004-2007, Centre for Wealth Creation (member) 2004-2005, NUC Accreditation Task Force (member) 2005, Student Disciplinary Committee (member) 2004 – 2008, and Community Impact Committee (member) 2006 – 2010.
He is the current Sub-Dean of the College of Science and Technology after being pioneer Head, Dept of Estate Management and the Director for Physical Planning and Development and Head of Department of Architecture at different times.
His desired career prospect lies in becoming a world class scholar with research findings that are in consonant with the vision/ mission and core values of Covenant University.