AIZEBEOKHAI Ahzegbobor Philips, Dr.
B. Sc., M. Sc. PhD
Geoelectrical resistivity imaging, numerical modelling and inversion of geophysical data, applications of geophysical techniques in environmental monitoring and assessment, and impacts of climate change and variability on groundwater (especially shallow aquifers) hydrology
Awards & Honours
He is a recipient of several awards including SEG Foundation Travel Grant to the 79th SEG International Exhibition and Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas; CSIR-TWAS Postgraduate Fellowship at National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI) Hyderabad, India (2008 to 2009); Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society / AGIP Energy Merit Award (Best M.Sc. Thesis, 2004); and Certificate of Merit Award from Edo State University, Ekpoma (Best Graduating Student, Department of Physics, Edo State University, Ekpoma, 1999).
Mathematical Methods in Physics, Electrodynamics, Introductory General Geology, Geophysical Surveying Methods, Fundamentals of geophysical Processing, Basic Petroleum Geology and Introductory Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology
Selected Publications (1)
2. Application of Information & Communication Technologies to Teaching, Research and Administration (AICTTRA), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Nigeria, September 11 – 15, 2011.
3. Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) 2011 (West Africa Deepwater: Successes, Challenges and Future Prospects), November 13 – 17, 2011
4. Aizebeokhai, A. P. (2011): The impacts of climate change on groundwater resources in Nigeria. Energy, Environment and Climate Change Research Group, February 17, 2011, Covenant University, Ota
5. Aizebeokhai, A. P. (2009): Global Warming and Climate Change: Realities, Uncertainties and Measures. International Conference/Workshop on Renewable Energy and Climate Change Mitigation, July 14-16, 2009, Covenant University, Ota.
6. Aizebeokhai, A. P. (2007): Review of Geoelectrical Resistivity Imaging in Environmental Studies. Book of Abstract, 30th Annual Conference, Lagos; Nigerian Institute of Physics
7. Aizebeokhai, A. P. and Olayinka, A. I. (2004): Integrating Seismic Data with Well Logs in Structural and Stratigraphic Mapping: A Case Study of Emi Field, Offshore Niger Delta, Nigeria. Book of Abstracts, Regional West-Africa Deepwater Conference and Exhibition, Abuja; Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists in association with American Association of Petroleum Geologist.
8. Aizebeokhai, A. P. and Olayinka, A. I. (2004): Integrating Seismic Data with Well Logs in Structural and Stratigraphic Mapping: A Case Study of Emi Field, Offshore Niger Delta, Nigeria. Book of Abstracts, 2nd Mini Conference, Owerri; Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists.