AJANAKU Kolawole Oluseyi, Dr.
BSc.; MSc.; PhD (Ind. Chem.) (University of Ibadan)
1. Waste Management/Food Chemistry.
2. Glass Ceramics Matrix Composite
3. Inhibition properties of plants in metal corrosion study.
Awards & Honours
Outstanding Lecturer award for 2008/2009 academic session, Chemistry Department, College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
Exceptional Lecturer award 2010/2011 academic session, Chemistry Department, College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
Covenant University Chancellor's Award on High Impact Journal Publication 2010 - Categories B and C.
TWAS-CSIR PostDoctoral Fellow 2011
Pillar of Nation Building Award to Distinguished Academic ICON 2012 by Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development
Ceramics and Composite Materials
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Ph.D Candidate (Co-Supervision) - Mr. Siyanbola T. O. (Near Completion)
Selected Publications (12)
2.Science and Technology: Research focus in the 21st Century, 43rd Annual Conference of Science Association of Nigeria (SAN) Akure, 2007.
3.Biotechnology in an Emerging Economy, International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 2009.
4.Biotechnology in an Emerging Economy, International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS 2010), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 2010.
5. 1st International Chemical & Environmental Engineering Conference,ICEEC 2010 organised by World Academy of Research and Publications (WARP); Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
6. National Climate Change Conference, 2010 on Climate Change: Implications on Human Health and Environmental Management System in Nigeria; organised by Environmental Management Association of Nigeria (EMAN) Abuja.
7. Train the Trainer Workshop, 2011; organized by National Committee of Deans of Postgraduate School at Adamawa State University, Mubi, Yola, Nigeria. September 20th to 25th 2010.
8. Advanced thin film sample preparation: The science behind materials preparations, 2012; jointly organized by Buehler International and Censico international pvt Ltd, Agra, CGCRI, Kolkata, India.
Summary of Profile
He started his academic carrier at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso. He has 17 years of teaching experience. He is currently teaching/researching at Covenant University and also member of some research clusters in the University.
Recently, Dr. Ajanaku Kolawole won TWAS-CSIR postdoctoral fellowship to undertake research in developing a Glass Ceramic Matrix Composite using Industrial wastes. He is currently at Central Glass and Ceramics Research Institute, Kolkata, India for a year.
He has co-authored quite a number of peer-reviewed publications; some of which are published in local and international journals. He is happily married to Christy and blessed with children.