OGUNLANA Olubanke , Dr.
B.Sc. (O.A.U., Ile Ife), M.Sc. (U.I., Ibadan), PhD (Biochemistry) (Covenant University, Ota)
i. Antimalarial, cytotoxicity and biochemical toxicological investigations of extracts of leaves and stems of Caesalpinia bonducella. (PhD work)
ii. Ethnopharmacological and toxicological investigation of some Nigerian medicinal plants.
iii. Studies on the antioxidant potentials of some tropical green leafy vegetables.
iv. Genomic and Proteomic evaluations of some medicinal plants in Nigeria.
v. Structural characterization of some antiplasmodial potential drug target
Awards & Honours
(1) AstraZeneca/IUTOX/SOT Travel Fellowship Award to participate at the 2013 Society of Toxicology’s 52nd Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, USA. March 10-14, 2013.
(2) Graduate Student Travel Fellowship Award to participate at the Society of Toxicology’s 51st Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA. March 11-15, 2012.
(3) TWAS – CAS 2009 Postgraduate Fellowship Award for a period of one year at the State Key laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources, Kunming Institute of Botany, China.
(4) International Society for Computational Biology Travel Fellowship Award to attend ISCB Africa Bioinformatics conference on infectious disease 30th Nov -3rd Dec, 2009, Bamako, Mali.
(5) WHO/TDR Travel Fellowship Award to participate at the Fifth Multilateral Initiative on Malaria PAN African Malaria Conference, November 2 - 6, 2009, Nairobi, Kenya.
Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’s 31st Annual conference, University of Nsukka, Nigeria. October 31- November 3, 2011.
Malarial conference Organized by Ace medicare Clinic Ltd and Covenant University, Ota, Ogun, Nigeria. July 27-28, 2011.
International Biotechnology Symposium, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun, Nigeria. April 12 – 14, 2011.
The second ISCB Africa ASBCB Joint Conference on Bioinformatics of Infectious Diseases, Bamako, Mali. December 2009.
Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’s 29th Annual Scientific conference, University of Technology, Akure, Ondo, Nigeria. December, 6 – 9, 2009.
The Fifth Multilateral Initiative on Malaria PAN African Malaria Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, November 2 - 6, 2009.
27th Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal university of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Nigeria. November 6 – 9, 2007.
Summary of Profile
Dr. (Mrs.) Olubanke Olujoke Ogunlana is a Lecturer I in the Department of Biological Sciences, (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Unit). Her research areas are: Pharmacology, Drug Discovery, Toxicology and Biotechnology.
She is currently into characterisation of bio-active principles and biological evaluations of some endangered medicinal plants. She is a recipient of the prestigious Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the Academy of Sciences for the developing world (TWAS) award of 2009. She was also awarded WHO/TDR, ISCB, Society of Toxicology (SOT) travel fellowship and AstraZeneca/IUTOX/SOT Travel Fellowship awards to present papers at the Fifth MIM Pan-African Malaria Conference in Nairobi, Kenya, 2009; the Joint ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference, Bamako, Mali in 2009, SOT annual general meeting in San Francisco, California, 2012 and SOT annual general meeting in San Antonio, Texas, USA in 2013 respectively. She is a member of different professional bodies including Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nigeria, American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Society of Toxicology and International Society of Computational Biology (ISCB). She has published papers in both local and international journals.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com