Give to Covenant
Covenant University is committed to pursuing excellent world-class research and development projects. The University’s researchers are poised to offer solutions to society’s big problems in line with our vision of becoming one of the world’s top ten (10) Universities by the year 2022.
The Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID) as the nexus of research activities in the University is improving capacity in scholarship, community development and industrial relevance. It is also driving highest standard of ethical conduct in the area of research and innovation to achieve sustainable innovative local and national discoveries with global impact. Covenant has a total number of thirty (30) dogged and active research clusters who on daily basis are turning out high volumes of publications in reputable journal outlets indexed in Scopus and Web Science.
Our researchers are also active in turning out high quality of research projects into viable products which we believe would go a long way to provide the expected relief in Africa and the world at large.
Research efforts in Covenant robustly support the aspirations of the Africa Union Agenda 2063, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the national Goals in achieving inclusive economic growth and development.
Covenant University’s areas of research focus
- Applied ICT Research
- Public Health/Biotechnology
- Material Science/Energy
Invitation to Donors and Collaborators
This is to invite interested alumni of this great institution, captains of industries and reputable organizations all over the world to join our erudite researchers in providing long-lasting solutions to myriad of challenges presently confronting humanity. Covenant University would appreciate your donations, grants or outright collaborations in driving our research efforts.
Summaries of ongoing Research Projects in Covenant University
a) Applied ICT Research (Please click for more information)
- IoT –Enabled Smart & Connected Communities (Smart CU)
- e-Business, e-Government
- E-Procurement Adoption in the Nigerian Construction Industry
- e-Health and predictive Medicine
b) Leadership and Entrepreneurship (Please click for more information)
- Women Development And Human Security Initiatives (WD & HSI)
- Moderating Role of Demographic Variables and Its Impact on Life Satisfaction among the Repatriated Migrants from Libya to Nigeria.
- Setting up Leadership centres in Nigeria. A Pilot Model
- Challenges of Accountability and Development. A Multidisciplinary/Multifaceted Study of the Nigerian Society
c) Public Health/Biotechnology (Please click for more information)
- Development of Saliva-based ‘Point of Care’ Diagnosis for Malaria and Detection of Resistance Markers to Arthemeter and Lumefantrine in Plasmodium falciparum from Nigeria
- Constructing Metabolic Pathways in the Malaria Parasite-Plasmodium falciparum
- Phytochemical, Enzymatic and Ionic Properties of Leaves and Root of selected cultivars
- Effects of local herbs on Epigenetic alterations in Fructose-induced Metabolic Syndrome in Rat
- Hand Washing and Disinfection Guidelines in Control of Spread of Infections in Hospital and Community: As Cohort Study
- Radio-anthropogenic Assessments of Building Materials, Souls, Environment and their electro kinetic Remediation in Covenant University, Ota.
- Assessment of Dose Reference Levels for common radio-diagnostic procedures in South West Nigeria
- Development of Cloud based Health Information System with Medical adherence
- A parametric study to enable the use mosquitos’ repelling plants in the built environment.
- Effect of Mormodica charantia and Picralima nitida on Metabolic Syndrome
- Characterization of Anti-Cancer Compounds from Nigerian Plants
- In vivo and In vitro Studies on the Anti-Diabetic Properties of Nauclea latifolia Sm. and Terminalia catappa L.
- Micro plastic Pollution Research in Tropical Atlantic Marine Ecosystems (MARSHES)
d) Material Science/Energy (Please click for more information)
- Comparative Investigation of Maintenance of needs of Buildings in Covenant University
- Investigation of Housing in Ogun State: Understanding the Relationship between Housing demand and provision of affordable Housing
- Solar Powered Business Hub.
- Research on application of green organic compounds for corrosion inhibition of metallic alloys in industrial environments
- Mitigation of pitting corrosion phenomena prevalent in petrochemical plants, chemical processing industries and crude distillation overhead systems
- Research on the effect of high temperature on corrosion of super alloys used in aerospace and petrochemical industry
- Research on the effect of composite additions on the corrosion resistance of amphoteric alloys
- Nano technology applications in corrosion protection