Constructing Metabolic Pathways in the Malaria Parasite-Plasmodium falciparum
Goals/Objectives of Project
- Establishment of a computational pipeline by constructing a graph-based network structure for biochemical metabolic network.
- Implementation of a constraint-based path finding algorithm for extracting non-liner paths.
- Extraction of biochemically relevant, branching metabolic pathways for Plasmodium falciparum.
- Biological validation of results to confirm expression of genes in predicted pathways and confirm genes essential to the survival of the parasite which can be used as drug targets.
List of Researchers
- Oyelade, O. J.
- Adebiyi, E. F.
- Isewon Itunuoluwa
- Solomon O. Rotimi
Contact Details of Facilitators
- Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID)
- Department of Computer & Information Sciences