Development of Saliva-based ‘Point of Care’ Diagnosis for Malaria and Detection of Resistance Markers to Arthemeter and Lumefantrine in Plasmodium falciparum from Nigeria
Goals/Objectives of Project
- To develop a simple ‘Point of care’ diagnostic method for malaria that can be used in rural areas where blood samples cannot be collected or preserved for diagnosis.
- Detection of Resistance Markers to Artemisinin/Lumefantrine in Plasmodium falciparum
- To screen for new drug targets in Plasmodium falciparum.
List of Researchers
- Olasehinde G.I.
- Ayepola O.O.
- Adebiyi M.O.
- Ajayi A.A.
Contact Details of Facilitators
- Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID)
- Departments of Biological Sciences, and Computer and Information Sciences (Bioinformatics).