Effect of Mormodica charantia and Picralima nitida on Metabolic Syndrome
Goals/Objectives of Project
- Examine the antioxidant effect of the plants on high carbohydrate, high fat fed diet.
- Determine the effect of the plants on blood glucose level, insulin resistance and lipid profile of rats fed a high carbohydrate, high fat diet.
- Evaluate the effect of the plants on the relative expression of some metabolic and inflammatory genes in rats fed a high carbohydrate, high fat diet.
List of Researchers
Contact Details of Facilitators
- Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID)
- Department of Biological Sciences