Effects of local herbs on Epigenetic alterations in Fructose-induced Metabolic Syndrome in Rat
Goals/Objectives of Project
- To characterize the phytochemicals in common botanicals used for treating metabolic syndrome.
- To investigate the modulation of gene expression by the botanical in Drosophila Melanogaster model of metabolic syndrome.
- To investigate the preventive and/ or therapeutic effect of botanicals on, that which have earlier been reported in literature, on epigenetic alterations in experimental models of metabolic syndrome.
List of Researchers
Contact Details of Facilitators
- Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID)
- Department of Biological Sciences