Radio-anthropogenic Assessments of Building Materials, Souls, Environment and their electro kinetic Remediation in Covenant University, Ota.
Goals/Objectives of Project
- To evaluate the radioactivity level of 238 U, 232 Th, 40K and 137Cs in building materials, soil and environment.
- To perform soil remediation of heavy metals (Uranium and thorium) using electrokinetic techniques
- To study the mechanism of heavy metal ion mobility (Uranium and thorium ion) under the influence of the electric field between the anode and cathode with a view to neutralizing the soil for safer environments
- To establish a simple and rapid technics for cleaning up the contaminated sites for siting of buildings on a safer soil.
- To provide a simple and logical system for ranking radioactive sources in terms of their potentials to cause harm to human health.
- And for grouping sourcing and the practices in which they are used into discrete categories.
- To create a categorization system that would be used by Covenant University authorities in establishing the appropriate degree of regulatory control for many activities relating to the safety on security of radioactive sources.
- Developing or refining Covenant University regulatory infrastructures.
- Developing Covenant University strategies for improving control over radioactive sources.
- Optimizing decisions about the priorities for regulation within resource constrains.
- Optimizing security measures for radioactive sources, including measures directed for their possible malicious misuse.
- Emergency planning and response for new structures/buildings and environments.
List of Researchers
- Dr. M. Omeje
- Dr. Cryil Ehi- Eromosele
- Adewoyin, Olusegun Oladotun
- Joel, Emmauel Sunday
- Prof. T.V. Omotosho
- George Akuroma
- Amaremo Elaebi Oluwatosin
Contact Details of Facilitators
- Centre for Research, Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID)
- Department of Physics