Summaries of ongoing Research Projects in Covenant University
a) Applied ICT Research (Please click for more information)
- IoT –Enabled Smart & Connected Communities (Smart CU).
- e-Business, e-Government.
- e-Procurement Adoption in the Nigerian Construction Industry.
- e-Health and predictive Medicine.
b) Leadership and Entrepreneurship (Please click for more information)
- Women Development and Human Security Initiatives (WD & HSI).
- Moderating Role of Demographic Variables and Its Impact on Life Satisfaction among the Repatriated Migrants from Libya to Nigeria.
- Setting up Leadership centres in Nigeria. A Pilot Model.
- Challenges of Accountability and Development. A Multidisciplinary/Multifaceted Study of the Nigerian Society.
c) Public Health/Biotechnology (Please click for more information)
- Development of Saliva-based ‘Point of Care’ Diagnosis for Malaria and Detection of Resistance Markers to Artemether and Lumefantrine in Plasmodium falciparum from Nigeria.
- Constructing Metabolic Pathways in the Malaria Parasite-Plasmodium falciparum.
- Phytochemical, Enzymatic and Ionic Properties of Leaves and Root of selected cultivars.
- Effects of local herbs on Epigenetic alterations in Fructose-induced Metabolic Syndrome in Rat.
- Hand Washing and Disinfection Guidelines in Control of Spread of Infections in Hospital and Community: As Cohort Study.
- Radio-anthropogenic Assessments of Building Materials, Soils, Environment and their electro kinetic Remediation in Covenant University, Ota.
- Assessment of Dose Reference Levels for common radio-diagnostic procedures in South West Nigeria.
- Development of Cloud based Health Information System with Medical adherence.
- A parametric study to enable the use of mosquitos’ repelling plants in the built environment.
- Effect of Mormodica charantia and Picralima nitida on Metabolic Syndrome
- Characterization of Anti-Cancer Compounds from Nigerian Plants.
- In vivo and In vitro Studies on the Anti-Diabetic Properties of Nauclea latifolia Sm. and Terminalia catappa L.
- Micro plastic Pollution Research in Tropical Atlantic Marine Ecosystems (MARSHES).
d) Material Science/Energy (Please click for more information)
- Comparative Investigation of Maintenance of needs of Buildings in Covenant University.
- Investigation of Housing in Ogun State: Understanding the Relationship between Housing demand and provision of affordable Housing.
- Solar Powered Business Hub.
- Research on application of green organic compounds for corrosion inhibition of metallic alloys in industrial environments.
- Mitigation of pitting corrosion phenomena prevalent in petrochemical plants, chemical processing industries and crude distillation overhead systems.
- Research on the effect of high temperature on corrosion of super alloys used in aerospace and petrochemical industry.
- Research on the effect of composite additions on the corrosion resistance of amphoteric alloys.
- Nano technology applications in corrosion protection.