Dr. Eugenia ABIODUN-ENIAYEKAN
WASC, NCE, B.A. French, M.A. French, M.Phil, Ph.D
African Literature in French
Interface between Literature and History
How History entered Fiction
Relationship between Literature and Society
Fiction, Poetry, Drama
African Literature in French
General Communication in French
Selected Publications (13)
1. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 12th Annual Conference and AGM, held at the University of Lagos, Lagos, Lagos State, with the theme “PROMOTING FRENCH IN NIGERIA”, Date: November 1st – 5th, 2009. She presented a paper titled: “Réflexions sur la critique littéraire”.
2. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 13th Annual Conference, held at the University of Port-Harcourt, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, with the theme “FRENCH AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA”, Date: 31st October – 4th November, 2010.
3. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 16th Annual Conference and AGM, held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, with the theme “FRENCH IN THE WIDER WORLD”, Date: 9th – 14th March, 2014. She presented a paper titled: “Mondialiser la langue française: néo-colonialisme ou développement?” (Globalising the French Language: Neo-Colonialism or Development?).
4. An International Conference at Redeemers’ University, Mowe, Lagos State, titled “THE HUMANITIES, CONFLICT AND DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA”, Date: 27th – 28th May, 2014. She presented a paper titled: “Conflict Resolution” which was sent to the University of Benin Journal of Humanities.
5. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 17th Annual Conference and AGM, held at the Nigeria French Language Village, Badagry, Lagos State, with the theme “NIGERIA AND THE ECOWAS”, Date: 9th – 13th November, 2014. She presented a paper titled: “Les guerres du Libéria et de la Sierra Leone: une interrogation du rôle de la CEDEAO” (The Liberian and Sierra Leonian Wars: Interrogating the Role of the ECOWAS).
6. The First Joint International Conference of the Faculty of Arts, Lagos State University and African Studies Institute, University of Georgia at Athens, Georgia, U. S. A. on the theme “THE HUMANITIES AND THE INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM (IKS) IN AFRICA AND AFRICA’S DIASPORAS, held at the Department of English, Faculty of Arts, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos. Date: 20th – 23rd July, 2015. She presented a paper titled: “Socio-Pragmatic Values of Nigerians as Exemplified in Wale Okediran’s Tenants of the House: Implications for Political Caste System”.
7. An International Conference in Honour of Professor Akanmu G. Adebayo, with the theme: «Africa Since Independence: Promise, Pugnacity, and Failure in the Post-Colonial Contexts», held at the University of Ibadan, August 3-5, 2016. She presented a paper titled «Women in Politics: The Nigerian Factor».
8. Wogu, I. A. P., Olu-Owolabi, F. E., Sholarin, M., Abiodun-Eniayekan, E. N., Olukotun, A., Folarin, S. (2016). «Thrasymachus’ Notion of Corruption and the Quest for Change and Political Development in the 21st Century Nigeria: A Critical Analysis», Paper presented in the Psychology Department, University of Ibadan, Oyo State (NAPS Conference), 7th – 8th November, 2016. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/310953957 THRASYMACHUS%27 NOTION OF CORRUPTION AND THE QUEST FOR CHANGE AND POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN 21ST CENTURY NIGERIA: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS
9. 20th UFTAN Conference & AGM, held at the Nigeria French Language Village, Badagry, Lagos State, with the theme “FRENCH FOR ALL: WHAT FUTURE FOR NIGERIA?”, Date: 12th – 16th November, 2017. She presented a paper entitled: “Child-Soldiers and Arms-Proliferation in Ahmadou Kourouma’s Allah n’est pas obligé: Implications for Development in the West African Sub-Region” (Les enfants-soldats et la prolifération des armes dans Allah n’est pas obligé d’Ahmadou Kourouma: implications pour le développement dans la région de l’Afrique de l’ouest)