Dr. Ademola Abdulkareem
Senior Lectrurer; Dept. of Electrical and Information Engineering
PhD, MSc, B.Eng, M.N.S.E, R.Engr (COREN)
• Optimization of Power System Network and Security
• Power System Investment Planning,
• Smart Power Distribution System and Intelligent Building, Energy
• High Voltage Engineering (Cable Processing Technology and Materials)
• Energy Management and Renewable Energy
• Electric Energy Industry Restructuring.
Awards & Honours
- 1986/1987 Academic Session, Unilorin Best Overall Student in Elect/Elect Engineering Class (B.Eng. 200L Examinations)
- Best Senior Staff worker of the year 2004 (Kabelmetal Nigeria PLC, Ikeja-Lagos)
- Nexans Kabelmetal Nigeria Plc Scholarship on training for technical processing of high voltage cables at Hannover, Germany 2005.
• Electrical Power Systems
• Electrical Machine
• Control Systems
• Electrical Measurements & Instrumentation
• Advanced Instrumentation
• Introduction to Power System
• Engineer in Society
• Advanced Electrical Power System and Protection
• Dynamics Modeling of Electrical Machines and Control
Current Postgraduate Supervision
• Adesanya, A. O. – M.Eng. (2019). Predicting Extrusion Process Parameters in Nigeria Cable Manufacturing Industries Using Artificial Neural Network. Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
• Ogbe, D – M. Eng in view. Optimal Phasor Measurement Unit Placement on Nigeria 330-kV New Grid using Genetic Algorithm. Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
• Abubakar, John. – M. Eng in view. Fault Location and Classification for Power Transmission line using Artificial Neural Network. Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
• Somefun, T. E. – PhD in view (Co-Supervisor). Optimal Sizing and Placement of Distributed Generators in a Distribution System Based on Network Topology. Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
Selected Publications (26)
• 2nd EIE International Conference held on 21st -23rd November, 2012 at Covenant University, Cannanland, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria
• Ademola Abdulkareem, C. Etukudor, C. Ekechi (2016) “Design and Analysis of a Solar-Wind Hybrid Renewable Energy for Electricity generation” Energy Systems Conference 21st Century Challenges. 14 -15 June 2016, QEII Centre, Westminster, London, UK
• Ademola Abdulkareem and Awosope C. O. A. “Renewable Energy Potentials of West-African Super Grid” Energy Systems Conference 21st Century Challenges. 14 -15 June 2016, QEII Centre, Westminster, London, UK
• Ademola Abdulkareem, A. S Alayande, C. O. A. Awosope, “Faster Approaches for Critical bus Identification for Power System Voltage Security Assessment” Energy Systems Conference 21st Century Challenge 14-15 June 2016, QEII Centre, Westminster, London, UK
• Ademola Abdulkareem, A. Adesanya, O. Popoola, C. O. A. Awosope, “Predicting Insulation Thickness in Thermoplastic Extrusion Process in Nigeria Cable Industries Using Artificial Neural Network”, The World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science (WCECS 2019) San Francisco, USA, 22-24 October, 2019.
• Ademola Abdulkareem, C. O. A. Awosope, O. O. Opeyemi, K. Okokpujie “Development and Implementation of Web-Based Advanced Traveller Information System”, The World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science (WCECS 2019) San Francisco, USA, 22-24 October, 2019.
• Gbenga, A., Hope, O., Ademola Abdulkareem, Anthony, A., Simeon, M.” The Influence of Meteorological Features on the Performance Characteristics of Solar Photovoltaic Storage System”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1378(3),032088, 2019.
• Afolalu, S.A, Babaremu, K.O., Ongbali, S.O., Ademola Abdulkareem, Adejuyigbe, S. B. “Overview Impact of Application of Queuing Theory Model on Productivity Performance in A Banking Sector”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1378(3),03203, 2019.
• Afolalu, S.A., Oladipupo, S., Ongbali, S.O., Ademola Abdulkareem, Oloyede Olamilekan., “Quenching A Significant Index Control in Heat Treatment - An Overview”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1378(3),032034, 2019.
Summary of Profile
Before relocating to an academic institution (Covenant University), Ademola has a vast industrial knowledge through having worked with the largest power and telecommunication cable manufacturing company in Nigeria (Nexans Kabemetal Nigeria Plc) for 11 years (1994 -2005). He also worked with MicCom Cable and Wire Limited as a Factory Manager. While at Nexans Kabelmetal Nigeria Plc, he was sent overseas training to Hannover and Vacha in Germany for the process technology of high and medium voltage cables. He is currently working on the locally sourced materials as an alternative design and construction of high voltage cables. His main research interest includes Power Systems Quality and Control, High Voltage Engineering, Energy Management and Renewable Energy, Smart Power Distribution System and Intelligent Building, energy. He has published articles in several learned journals.