Dr. Lady Adaina (Yartey) AJAYI
B.SC, M.Sc, Ph.D International Relations
Gender and Development, Regimes of Rights, Culture.
Awards & Honours
1. Recipient of the Academic Challenge Grant in Ithaca College, New York, United States. Grant Award and Research Topic Information #AC SP 2018-08 " Mutating Patriarchies and the Struggle against Domestic Violence: Decoding the Politics of Silencing and Disbelief in West Africa and the United States".
2. Ph.D Thesis Report Writing Grant from School of Postgraduate Studies, Covenant University, 2017
3. M.Sc. Thesis Report Writing Grant from School of Postgraduate Studies, Covenant University, 2011
4. Visiting fellowship (2016) in the Department of Politics, Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York, which led to a presentation titled “Evaluating International Collaboration in Struggles for Rights and Justice: Gendered Violence and other Challenges”
5. Covenant University Strategic Student Association (CUSSA) Staff Award of Excellence 2017
European History in Diplomatic Scene(1300-1945), Developing Countries in International System, Foreign Policies of the Powers, Foreign Policy Analysis, Elements/ Organs of Government, and Peace and Conflict Resolution.
Selected Publications (11)
2. XIX ISA World Congress of Sociology ( Power, Violence and Justice: Reflections, Responses and Responsibilities), Toronto-Canada, July 15-21, 2018.
3. ADVED 2018 - 4th International Conference on Advances in Education and Social Sciences, 15-17 October 2018- Istanbul, Turkey ISBN: 978-605-82433-4-7.
4. 22nd Annual Conference of the African Studies and Research Forum (ASRF) convened at the University of West Georgia, Carrollton, Georgia, from March 29 to 31, 2018.
5. 2017 Bi-ennial International Conference on Gender and Security: Shifting Perspectives, Transforming Communities held in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife by the Centre for Gender and Social Policy Studies (CGSPS), 15th-17th May 2017, 40-50.
6. 2016 International Conference of the Association of Third World Studies held in the Indiana University Southeast, New Albany, USA.
7. The 9th International Technology, Education and Development (INTED) Conference, Madrid, Spain, 2nd-4th March 2015.
8. International Conference on 100 Years of Nigerian Nationhood: Governance, Foreign Policy and Development, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, 9th -12th November 2014.
9. XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology: Facing an Unequal World Challenges for Global Sociology, Japan, Yokohama, July 13-19, 2014.
10. One Day Conference on E-Governance in Nigeria: Prospects and Challenges for Civic Engagement and Participation, Covenant University, June 9, 2014.
11. 23rd IBIMA Conference on Vision 2020: Sustainable Growth, Economic Development, and Global Competitiveness, Valencia, Spain, May 13-14, 2014.
12. 11th Annual Conference Fulbright Alumni Association of Nigeria (FAAN)September 10th -13th, 2012.Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
13. 8th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI2015) held in Seville, Spain, 16th-18th November 2015.
14. 15th European Conference on e-Government – ECEG 2015 University of Portsmouth, UK, 18th -19th June 2015.
15. The 9th International Technology, Education and Development (INTED) Conference, Madrid, Spain, 2nd-4th March 2015.
16. Career and Professional Women Conference with the theme: Beyond the Glass Ceiling which held from the May 15th- 16th, 2018.