Mr. Akinwumi Akinpelu
B.Tech (Applied Physics), M.Sc. (Solid State Physics)
His interest in research focuses on, but not limited to
1. Monte-Carlo Analysis
2. Quantum-Mechanical investigations
3. Condensed Matter Physics
3. Renewable Energy
5. Theoretical Physics
5. Ion Beam Analysis
6. Quantum Mechanics
8. Radiation Physics/ Medical Physics
9. Semiconductors Physics
10. Material Science
Awards & Honours
1. A second place in The Optical Society (OSA) LAMP Oral Presentation Award for talk entitled "An Ion Beam Surface Sputtering Approach to the Quest for Lead-free Perovskite for Solar Cells" at ICTP 2020 Winter College on Quantum Photonics and Information, Trieste, Italy
2. ICTP Travel Grant (2020)
Selected Publications (8)
2. 3rd International Conference on Science and Sustainable Development. ICSSD held on May 6 – 8, 2019 in Covenant University Ota, Nigeria
3. 1st International Conference on Energy and Sustainable Environment. ICESE held on Jun 21-23, 2019 at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
Summary of Profile
authored and co-authored more than twenty-five (25) publications, including conference papers, in his first two years of joining Covenant University. His interest in research focuses on, but not limited to Monte-Carlo analysis, Quantum-Mechanical investigations, condensed matter physics, renewable energy, theoretical physics, ion beam analysis, quantum mechanics, radiation physics and semiconductors. He can use several statistical tools, MATLAB and LINUX for analysis and coding.
Akinwumi is a result-oriented professional and a team player with good interpersonal skills. He possesses experience of working in an Information Technology (IT) oriented company and Oil and Gas company. He is a hardworking and reliable professional with excellent communication skills. He works within a team and uses initiative when making decisions. He builds positive relationships with people at all levels, backgrounds, cultures and welcomes the opportunity to learn, develop and build upon existing skills. He is consistently aspiring to succeed at the highest level with a keen understanding of business drivers.