Dr Titilope Dokunmu
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D
Cancer biology, genomics of diseases, public health, malaria, experimental therapeutics
Awards & Honours
- National Cancer Institute Fellowship for Molecular Prevention (April, 2019)
- Global Scholar in Training Award by the American Association for Cancer Research (January, 2019).
- Global Health Travel Award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Keystone Symposia on Vectors, Pathogens and Diseases: Current Trends and Emerging Challenges (T1) (September 10 – 15, 2017).
- World Bank African Centre of Excellence Fellowship for Genomics of Infectious Diseases training at Organismic Biology Department, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA (June – August, 2014).
- Global Health Travel Award by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation for Keystone Symposia on Malaria Innovation and Eradication (February 2 – 7, 2014).
- Clinical biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
Selected Publications (23)
12. Plasmodium falciparum gametocyte carriage, sex ratios and asexual parasite rates in Nigerian children before and after a treatment protocol policy change instituting the use of artemisinin-based combination therapies[ Download 460.27 kB ]
13. Therapeutic Efficacy and Effects of Artemether-lumefantrine and Artesunate-amodiaquine Coformulated or Copackaged on Malaria-Associated Anemia in Children with Uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum Malaria in Southwest Nigeria[ Download 684.61 kB ]
93rd Louisiana Academy of Sciences Conference held on March 16, 2019 at Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA.
5th Biennial Science of Global Prostate Cancer Conference in Black Men, held on 7 – 10 November, 2018 at University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
1st International Women Multidisciplinary Conference on advancing women in academia and industry: strategies, policies, and emerging issues in the 21st century held on September 11-12, 2018 at Africa Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Nigeria.
Experimental Biology-American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (Molecular pharmacology) conference, San Diego, USA (April 21-25, 2018).
Keystone Symposia on Vectors, pathogens and current challenges conference, Durban, South Africa (Sept 10 – 14, 2017).
Summary of Profile
epidemiology and dynamics of infectious diseases and cancer biology, pharmacological compounds and resistance to chemotherapeutic drugs. She has
worked in the fields of breast, melanoma and thyroid cancer, and infectious diseases including malaria and Corona virus. Dr. Dokunmu is passionate about teaching, research, mentoring, and health education. Her goal is to teach and simplify learning and to engage in research that reduces public health burdens. She aims to be a successful global scientist that impacts society positively in the area of public health and education.