Dr. Moses Duruji
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. Political Science
Ethnicity and Nationalism, Civil Society, Democracy, Education and Globalization.
Awards & Honours
1) Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation’s 2006 $2000 grant for Young African Scholars Research on ‘Social and Political Transitions’.
2) Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) “Best Young Scholar 2008”
3) Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) “Best Innovative Researcher 2008”
4) Africa Institute of South Africa “Best Debater 2008”
Comparative Politics, Political Theory and Political Economy.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Shodipo Adekunle Olanrewaju, "Military Professionalism and Democratic Consolidation in Nigeria: 1999-2012". 2012/2013 Session.
Awosanma, Funke Bukola (2014) “The Role of International Organizations in Maintaining World Peace: The Case of AU in Darfur.” M.Sc. International Relations Degree Dissertation submitted to the Department of Political Science and International Relations, Covenant University – Ota, Ogun
Anjorin, Taiye Mariam (2015) “Staff Training and Employee Performance in Public Organization; A Study of Ministry of Establishment, Training and Pensions, Lagos State” M.Sc. Public Administration Degree Dissertation submitted to the Department of Political Science and International Relations, Covenant University – Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Selected Publications (60)
2. Osimiri Peter & Moses.M Duruji “Empowering the Vulnerable: NLC’s Struggle against Casualization in Nigeria” paper presented at the Nordic African Institute Conference on ‘In formalizing Economies” Uppsala April 20-22, 2007
3. Duruji, Moses M “Evaluating the 2007 General Elections in Nigeria: Options for Electronic Voting” Paper presented at the 2007 National Workshop on Contending Issues in Nigeria’s Electoral Processes: The 2007 General Elections. Excellence Hotel Ogba-Ikeja, Lagos 26-27 September, 2007.
4. Duruji,Moses M “Social Inequality, Democratic Transition and the Biafran Resurgence” Research report presented for HFG at the AISA 2008 Conference themed “Youth Perspective to conflict resolution in Africa in the 21st century” Boksburg,South Africa March 26- 28,2008.
5. Duruji, Moses M “Evaluating the 2007 General Elections in Nigeria: Options for Electronic Voting” paper presented at the NPSA 27th Annual Conference themed ‘Electoral Reform, Political Succession & Democratization in Africa’ Makurdi, Benue State University 16th-19th November, 2008
6. Covenant University College of Business and Social Sciences International Conference/Roundtable on Governance and Development in Africa.Ota, Covenant University 10th-13 March, 2009
7. Duruji, Moses M “Neo-Liberalism, Democracy and the Electoral Politics of Nigeria” paper presented at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Lagos State University 3rd Annual Conference. Theme ‘Nigeria: Towards Stability and Consolidation’Ojo, Lagos State University March 24th-26th, 2009
8. Duruji, Moses M “Colonialism and Sub-national Revolution in Post-Independent Africa: A Comparative Study of Biafra and Southern Sudan.” Paper presented at the SEPHIS/IEP Workshop on “Nationalism and Revolution Revisited’ in Lima-Peru April 16th to 3oth, 2011.
9. Duruji,Moses M “Global Economic Crisis, Free Market Theory and the Nigerian State” Paper presented at the 28th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Political Science Association (NPSA) held at the Usman Danfodiyo University Sokoto,19th-22nd June, 2011.
10. Duruji, Moses M and Faith O Oviasogie “From Kyoto to Copenhagen to Cancun: An Analysis of the Politics Multilateralism on Climate Change” Paper presented at the University of Ibadan Humboldt Kolleg Conference Themed Climate Change and Sustainable Development: An Alexander Von Humboldt Programme October 11 – 15 2011
11. Duruji, Moses M and Faith O Oviasogie “State Failure, Terrorism and Global Security: An Appraisal of the New Islamic Radicalism in Northern Nigeria” paper presented at the 22nd Conference of the Nigerian Society of International Affairs (NSIA). Themed “Contemporary Challenges in Nigeria, Africa and the World. Lead City University Ibadan 3rd-5th April, 2012.
12. Azuh, Dominic E and Moses M Duruji “The Politics and Sociology of Corruption in Nigeria’s Fourth Republic.” Paper presented at the Nigerian Sociological Society (NSS) 12th Annual Conference themed ‘The Poverty of Leadership and the Surge of Corruption in Nigeria’ at the University of Lagos Akoka Lagos State December 27th to 29th, 2012.