Prof. Sanjay Misra
Professor of Computer(Software) Engineering
M.E./M.Tech(Soft Engg), Ph.D.(Information Engg-Uni of Alcala, Spain)
Head, Software Engineering, Modelling and Intelligent Systems Research Cluster
- Software Intelligent Systems for Solving Practical Problems of Society(https://www.researchgate.net/project/Software-Intelligent-Systems-for-Solving-Practical-Problems-of-Society)
- ICT for Health- Health Informatics(https://www.researchgate.net/project/Health-Informatics-Software-ICT-for-Health)
- Cyber Security- Problems and Solution(https://www.researchgate.net/project/Cyber-Security-Problems-and-Solutions)
- Software Quality Assurance through software metrics(https://www.researchgate.net/project/Software-Quality-Assurances-through-Software-Metrics)
- Quality in Web Services(https://www.researchgate.net/project/Maintaining-Quality-in-XML-Schema)
- Open Source Software- Evaluation, Selection and design (https://www.researchgate.net/project/Quality-Evaluation-for-Open-Source-Software)
Chair- Artificial Intelligence (Center of ICT/ICE Research)
Area of Research- Software quality assurance, Software Metrics, Information Engineering, Software Engineering applications, Web Service/Engineering, Software Process Improvement, Software project management, Object-oriented technologies, XML, SOA, Web services, cognitive informatics, Artificial intelligence, Neural network, health Informatics, e-learning, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
Awards & Honours
Current award: '2014 INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING and TELLECOMMUNICATION SOFTWARE PREMIUM AWARD' for BEST PUBLISHED IN LAST 2 YEARS
Provided By : IET Software, Institute of Engineering and Technology, UK Paper Title: Framework for evaluation and validation of software complexity measures, S. Misra ; I. Akman ; R. Colomo-Palacios, IET Software, Volume 6, Issue 4, 2012, p. 323-334. The IET has one Premium Award available per journal to recognise the best research papers published during the last two years. The award is worth £500. Additionally the paper will be available to download free of cost for 1 year.
- International Conference and Workshop on Good Governance, Entrepreneurship and Grantsmanship for Sustainable Development, 19-21,November 2018, International Center for Information Technology and Development, Southern University and A&M College. Baton Rouge, LA, USA.
Topic- Application of AI for Sustainable development in Developing countries
2. International Conference on Applied Informatics (ICAI).(Springer) from 1-3rd November 2018, in Bogota, Colombia,
Topic-Improving Quality in Research Publications in Columbia
3. 2nd International Conference on Information Communication Technology and its Application (ICTA 2018), Federal Universsity of Technology, Minna 4-6 September 2018
Topic- Digital Economy: Harnessing the Benefits and Tackling the Challenges for Sustainable Development
4. Workshop on ‘Web engineering’- University of Valparaiso, (Santiago–Branch) 22-23 May 2018 https://www.facebook.com/informatica.pucv/photos/a.339804982701613/2121541784527915/?type=3&theater
5. International Conference on Innovative Computing and Communication (ICICC-2018) (Springer), 5-6 May 2018, New Delhi India
Topic- Improving quality in Software development
6. The International Conference on Towards Extensible and Adaptable Methods in Computing – TEAMC 2018(Springer), 26-28 March, 2018 Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), New Delhi. http://teamc18.com/#
Topic- Is Extreme Programming really effective?- An empirical investigation
7. International Conference on Information Systems and Management Science, February 22nd and 23rd, 2018 in Malta (Europe)
Topic- A framework on Software measurement
8. The 2018 International Conference on Information Technology & Systems (Springer), 10-12, Jan 2018. Universidad Estatal Península de Santa Elena, Libertad, Ecuador
Topic- Proper validation and Verification of Software metrics
- Information Technology Sciences(Springer), Moscow, Russia
December 11-13, 2017. https://mosits.org
Topic- Security in the Financial Sector
2. Nigerian Senate(parliament) Committee on ICT-1st National Plenary conference on ICT, digital literacy & Cyber-threat, Abuja, Nigeria, November 6-9, 2017
Topic: Cyber Threats in Financial Sector
3. Conference on Cyber Security Challenges in Nigeria(CYSEC NG 2017), Lagos, Nigeria 25-26 October 2017
Topic- Building an effective cyber protection team for national security
4. European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) International Conference on Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas (Springer),
April 11–12, 2017 | Dakar, Senegal
Topic: A Semantic Web-Based Framework For Information Retrieval In E-Learning System
4.(IEEE)International Conference on Data Management, Analytics and Innovation (ICDMAI – 2017).24-26 Feb 2017,Pune, India
Topic-Innovation in Researches through Research Clusters
5. 2nd International Conference on “A Road map to Globalization in the Present Digital Era” organized on 11th March 2017 at Pioneer Institute of Professional Studies, Indore.
Topic: A roadmap for increasing institutional ranking globally in the present era
- The 22nd International Conference on Information and Software Technology(ICIST 2016) Druskininkai, on 13-15 October,2016 Lithuania,(organized by University of Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania))-Springer
Title: Controlling Quality in Web-Service
2.International Conference on Advanced Computing and Software Engineering” (ICACSE - 2016) in Sultanpur, UP. India
Topic- Quality of ICT researches in India
3. 2016 International Conference on Advanced Computing, Communication and Information Sciences (ICACCI-2016) in Cebu, Philippines, May 27 - 29, 2016.
Topic- Quality of Research Publications of ICT researchers in Philippines
4. The Seventh International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT 2016) , 29-31 March, Taiwan
Title: Maintaining Quality in Web Services
5. Global Conference on Engineering and Technology (GCOET) 2016, Malaysia1-2 June, Kuala lumpur Malaysia
6.The International Conference on Computational Techniques in Information and Communication Technologies, 11-13 March 2016, Indrapasth University, Delhi
- 15th International Conference on Computational Science and Applications (ICCSA 2015), June 22 - 25, 2015 in Banff, Alberta, Canada in collaboration with the University of Calgary.
Topic: A Measurement Framework for Software Metrics
2. International Conference on Soft Computing, Intelligence Systems, and Information Technology ICSIIT 2015, March 11-14,2015 (Springer) Bali Indonesia http://icsiit.petra.ac.id/
Topic: Data Mining Model for Road Accident Prediction in Developing Countries
3. IEEE International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technology, NGCT-2015, September 4-5, 2015 Dehradun India
Topic: Software Quality Assurance: A Big Challenge for Next Generation Computing
4. 4th IEEE Int. Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technology and Optimization (ICRITO 2015) 3-4 September, Amity University, Noida, India
Topic: How to Improve the quality in ICT researches
5. International Symposium on Advanced Computing and Communication 2015 (ISACC 2015) . Assam University, Silchar, India 14-15 September, 2015.
Topic: How to Validate Software Metrics
6. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technology, March 5-7,2015 in India
Topic: Improving quality in ICT researches.
7. National Summit on Education for Peace and Development, on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
Topic: Transformation in Education and Sustainable Development: Emerging Issues
8. 3rd International Conference on 'Transformation in Education and Sustainable Development: Emerging Issues.' in Federal College of Education, Okene, Kogi State, Nigeria.
Topic: Swot analysis of the Applicability of cloud computing in the Nigerian education landscape
2014:1. IEEE Asia-Pacific World Congress on Computer Science and Engineering 2014 (APWC on CSE 2014) in Fiji on 4-5th November 2014.
Topic: Implementing Software Quality Assurance
2. International Conference on Science, Engineering and Management Research(ICSEMR 2014) from 27 to 29 November 2014 at Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. (IEEE Sponsored and Publications).
Topic: Role of Measurement Theory in Software Complexity Metrics
3. IEEE 2014 The International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN 2014) Udaipur – 14-16 Nov 2014
Topic: 'Improving Quality in Indian Researchers working in ICT related branches'
4. GSCIT 2014 Global Summit on Computer & Information Technology(4 conferences together), from 14-16 June, in Sousse, Tunisia.(IEEE Publication)
5.International Conference on Recent Trends on Computer Science and Engineering 2014, 9-10 Feb 2014,Central University of Bihar (International Speaker),Patna, India http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLnDO0Zleo
6. International Conference on Computational Linguistics And Integrated Classical Knowledge – Rediscovered, 12-13 Feb, 2014 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India(Plenary Lecture) Topic: Cognitive Complexity Metrics in Object Oriented Environment http://sankaracollege.edu.in/news/pdf/244b23fPROGRAMME%20SCHEDULE.pdf
2013: 1. IEEE ICAST 2013
CSIR Int Convention Center Pretoria, South Africa. 25-27 ovember 2013
2.The International Conference on Web Engineering and Application-2013 (ICWA-2013) Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India from 18-21st December, 2013
3.International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences Beijing China, 22-23 May (Elsevier IERI Procidia)
Software- Software Engineering, Advanced Software Engineering, Software Project Management, Object oriented analysis and design, Intelligent Software Systems, Software Architecture, Software Quality Assurance and Testing Techniques, Requirement Engineering, Advanced Software development Techniques, Advanced Software design tools
Hardware- Basic Electronics,Digital Circuits and Design, Computer Architecture and Organization, Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Microprocessor based System Design, Solid State Electronics, Digital Electronics,Embedded systems,
General Courses- C programming, Computer networking, Distributed Systems, Engineering of Intelligent Software Systems, Project Management, Computer fundamental and Introduction to UNIX, Introduction to Computer Engineering, Recent ICT Trends, Research Methodology,Technical paper writing, Material Science, Human values
Selected Publications (17)
Organizing Chair of 3 Annual Conference/Workshops since 2008.
1. International Workshop on Software Engineering Processes and applications(SEPA) : Publisher Springer in Lecture Notes in Computer Science
2. International Workshop on Software Quality (SQ): Publisher Springer in Lecture Notes in Computer Science
3. Tools and Techniques in Software Development Process: Publisher IEEE CPS/Xplore
Summary of Profile
Research Area:Software quality,software measurement,software metrics,software process improvement,software project management, human factors in SE, GSD, XML, SOA, Web Services, cognitive informatics, AI & Intelligent Software systems.As per SciVal(SCOPUS- Elsevier) analysis- He is most productive researcher (no. 1-) in whole Nigeria during 2012-2017 & 2013-2018(in all subjects), in computer science no 1 in whole country and no 6 in whole continent(Africa).Total around 300 articles with 200 coauthors around the world (majority of them in Web of science-85 in JCR/SCIE Journals). He got several awards for outstanding publications (2014 IET Software Premium Award(UK)), and from TUBITAK-Turkish Higher Education, and Atilim University). He edited (with colleagues) 36 Lecture Notes in Computer Science(Most reputed and old series of Springer) & 7 IEEE proceedings, editor in chief of a book series -Advances in IT Personnel and Project Management(Web of science and SCOPUS), International Journal of Human Capital and Information Technology Professionals (IJHCITP)-IGI Global(Web of Science, SCOPUS Indexed), and of 3 other journals- IJPS(Last IF-0.540), CJICT, and editor in various SCIE journals. He is organizing chair of 3 annual int. symposiums-Software Engineering Process and Applications (2009-Continue: Springer), Software Quality (2009) (IEEE),(2011-Continue)(LNCS by Springer) & workshops -Tools and Techniques in Software Development Process (2009-Continue: IEEE).
International Recognition- He has delivered more than 80 keynote speeches/invited talks/public lectures in reputed conferences and institutes around the world (traveled around 60 countries).