Dr. Muyiwa Oladosun
Senior Lecturer/Senior Consultant
BS, MA, PhD
|These include reproductive health, family planning, contraceptive behavior, HIV/AIDS, malaria prevention, gender issues including mainstreaming, child mortality, GIS/Remote sensing knowledge, attitudes, and utilization, health systems strengthening, population census implementation, conceptualization and modelling, and operations research.|
Awards & Honours
(1) Life Fellow Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association, (2) Fellow, Population Reference Bureau, 1998 to Present, (3) Mellon Doctoral Fellowship, 1998, (4) Mellon Pre-Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1998, (5) Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship, 1992-1993, (6) United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Fellowship, 1990.
(1) Rural Sociology, (2) Population & Socioeconomic Development, (3) Development Project Monitoring & Evaluation, (4) Advanced Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methods, (5) Social Marketing & Development, and (6) Population Studies (7) Reproductive Health (8) Fertility and Family Planning (9) Economic and Development Planning
Current Postgraduate Supervision
• Olopade, Comfort. “Human Capital Development & Inclusive Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Oil Producing Countries” (PhD Candidate, January 2015 to date)
• Salami, Chidinma I. . “Determinants of Quality of Family Planning Services & Contraceptive Behaviour in Delta State, Nigeria.” (PhD Candidate, September 2017 to date)
• Odewale, Janet B. “Unmet Need for Modern Contraception Among Married Women in Nigeria.” (PhD Candidate, Mentor from February, 2020).
• Sowunmi, Akinyimika. “Cancer Incidents and Management in Nigeria: The Case of Selected Patients in Lagos.” (PhD Candidate, Mentor from February, 2020).
• Salami, Chidinma I. “Labor Force Participation, Fertility Preference & Contraceptive Use among Married Women in South-South Region of Nigeria.” (MSc. Degree Completed, September 2015 to June, 2017).
• Ilusanya, T. “Mothers’ Socio-Economic Background, Health Seeking Behavior & Childhood Immunization in Nigeria.” (MSc Degree Completed, September 2015 to June 2017).
• Owoloko, I. “Key Determinants of Contraceptive Use among Married Women in North Eastern Region of Nigeria” (MSc Degree Completed, September 2016 to July 2018).
• Sowunmi, Akinyimika. “Effects of Socio-Economic Factors and Fertility Behavior on Contraceptive Use Among Married Men in Nigeria.” (MSc Degree, Completed, September 2016 to 2018).
• Nwogu, Fred “Knowledge, Perceptions and Attitudes About Malaria and Use of Bed nets among Married Women in Nigeria.” (MSc Degree, from September 2018 to date).
• Duh Emelda “Determinants of Breastfeeding Practices and Child Health Status among Mothers in South West Nigeria.” (MSc Degree, from September 2018 to date).
Selected Publications (7)
2. International Conference on Entrepreneurship (CU-ICE), held between March 20 – 22, 2019 at Covenant University Center for Research, Innovation and Discovery (CUCRID), Covenant University, Ota-Nigeria.
3. Proceedings of International Conference on Global and Emerging Trends (ICGET) 1-4. May, 2018
4. 3rd International Conference on Advances in Education and Social Sciences, 9-11 October 2017- Istanbul, Turkey. 2017
5. 3rd International Conference on African Development Issues (CU-ICADI), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 2017
6. Annual Public Health Association (APHA) meeting, in Philadelphia, USA, 2002
7. Population Association of America (PAA) meeting, Chicago. USA, 1999
8. Rural Sociological Society (RSS) meeting, Toronto, Canada. 1997
9. Population Association of America (PAA) meeting, Washington, DC.USA, 1997