Arc. Abraham Owoseni
B.Sc Architecture; M.Sc Architecture; Full member, the Nigerian Institute of Architects MNIA
Building Information Modeling
Building Performance Evaluation
Life Skills Education
Decent Work & Youth Productivity
Awards & Honours
(i) Outstanding Education Supporting Individual Award by the Ogun State Teaching Service Commission TESCOM August, 2018
(ii) Alumni Hero Award for Outstanding Leadership by Regal Set, Covenant University. July, 2018
(iii) Social Innovators Award Fellowship by LEAP Africa 2017/2018
(iv) Award of Excellence: As an Impactful Career Leader; Presented by Thrive Network at the Relevance Seminar. August 2017
(v) Appreciation Award: For Unwavering Support and Commitment towards Developing the next Generation of Kingdom Giants; Presented by the Youth Alive Fellowship, Winners Chapel, Ibiye, Badagry. June, 2017
(vi) Lagos State NYSC Honors Award, February, 2015
(vii) National Honors Award of Outstanding Contribution (NYSC), February, 2015
(viii) Staff Mentor, Chronos Studeos 2015 Design Competition where Covenant University emerged first amongst over 100 entries from other Schools of Architecture in Nigeria.
(i) Dexter Award- Society of Architecture Students, SAS, Covenant University, May 2010
(ii) Best Graduating Student- Department of Architecture, Covenant University, July, 2011
(iii) Most Creative- MSc Category, Archifuse 2013, Covenant University
(iv) 2nd Position, Design team leader; Covenant University Representation at the Ife Architecture Student Association IFASA 2012 Design Competition
Building Information Modeling BIM
Computer Aided Architectural Design and Drafting CAADD
Interior Design (Basic & Advanced)
Community Development & Initiatives
Graphic Communication and Descriptive Geometry
Architectural Graphics & Modelling (Digital)
Architectural Design Studio Mentoring
Selected Publications (4)
2. Design Driven Entrepreneurship, an online training received from the Young African Leaders Initiative YALI in August, 2017
3. Nominated Participant, Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institution (ADAPTI). October 10-14, 2016. Organized by the Digital Bridge Institute, sponsored by the Nigerian Communications Commission NCC.
4. Emerging Leaders Conference | Abuja, Nigeria Jun. 2013-Jun. 2013. A Leadership training organized by Guardians of The Nation International GOTNI for 1000 Young Outstanding Nigerians Making a Difference
5. Architecture of Creation, professional training on Introduction to Neuro-Linguistic Programming NLP from Innocent Minds International Consulting, Lagos. June, 2017
6. Daystar Business Academy Module-1, Set-11; Received basic training on branding, financial reporting, legality and business planning from the Daystar Business Academy. July, 2017
7. Counsellor & Coach Training Program; acquired the basic tools of Neuro-cognitive consonance for effective counselling and coaching via a virtual training program by Resurged Mind Company. May, 2017
8. Participant; Professional Practice Development Seminar | Abuja, Nigeria Sep. 2016-Sep. 2016: An Architectural Continuing Professional Development Seminar organized by the Nigerian Institute of Architects
9. Teacher Graduate Conversion Programme | Lagos, Nigeria Apr. 2016-Jun. 2016. An intensive weekend training in education to equip for 21st century teaching skills and pedagogy organized by Erudio Hub Academy
10. Creative Architects 2016, Muson Centre, Lagos Island; July 13, 2016
11. Basic Certificate in Leadership | Lagos, Nigeria May. 2015-Jun. 2015. A Leadership course from the Daystar Leadership Academy DLA. Encompassing leadership topics such: Project Management, Delegation Strategies, Organizational Growth, System Development amongst others
12. Creative Architects 2015, Julius Berger Hall, University of Lagos June 17th, 2015
13. Basic Certificate Course BCC, Leadership Certificate Course LCC and Leadership Diploma Course LDC | Ota, Nigeria March, May & July 2012. A Faith based Leadership training facilitated by the Word of Faith Bible Institute WOFBI
Summary of Profile
He is passionate about making the education process holistic by improving the quality of education through the infusion of life skills in learning and development. He has facilitated a number of training and development interventions, workshops and conferences with notable testimonials of impact as an in-demand and itinerant public speaker on topical issues around career mindsets, employability, purposefulness, leadership development, academic prowess and a generality of other life skills. He is a resource facilitator with the African Leadership Development Centre ALDC where he facilitates life skills programmes such as the Total Man Concept TMC, Diploma in Leadership Development DLD, Certificate in Leadership Development CLD and Towards a Total Graduate TTG of Covenant University.
He has been featured on a number of television and radio programs and is a recipient of a number of awards & honours such as the "Outstanding Education Supporting Individual Award", "Alumni Hero Award for Outstanding Leadership", "LEAP Africa Social Innovators Award", "National Honours Award of Outstanding Contribution" and a number of other academic and service awards.
Abraham contributes to raising a new generation of competent and dynamic professional leaders in the built environment through quality teaching, hands-on learning and mentoring. He has earned certifications and degrees from Covenant University, Daystar Leadership Academy, Solvere Word Consult, Resurged Mind Company, World Changers Forum, Erudio Hub Academy, Word of Faith Bible Institute, Guardians of the Nation International, Digital Bridge Institute, Young Stars Foundation amongst others.
He is a passionate Educator, Registered Architect, Renowned Public Speaker, Veritable Author, Career Mindset Coach and profound Thought-Leader. His books, articles, posts and other resources on print & online media have been notable tools in remoulding minds. He speaks with an invigorating passion and empathy to facilitate learning with a suiting experience that boost confidence, hope and action. He is married to his soulmate, Sarah and they make their home in Nigeria.