Dr. Isaac Samuel
Power System Operations, Maintenance, Voltage Stability, Power Quality Assessment and Energy efficiency and utilization.
Awards & Honours
- Scholarship (visiting) to the Botswana International University of Technology and Engineering Palapy, Botswana. August 20 to November 06, 2015. Research followship Grant amount is US$8500.
- Certificate in Leadership Development through The African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Ota. April 2017.
- Covenant University
- Leadership Award for exemplary leadership and direction offered to the association's management as the COUNSELOR of the Association of Electrical and Information Engineering Students (AEIES).
- Certificate of Excellence award for excellent stewardship and mentorship by Electrical and Electronics Engineering (class of 2018).
- Award of Recognition by College of Engineering at Hooding Event 2018/2019.
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools To Help You Master Tough Subjects - an online non-credit course authorized by McMaster University and University of California San Diego and offered through Coursera -2020
- Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most an online non-credit course authorized by the University of Michigan and offered through Coursera – 2020
4. Calvary Life Assembly Int'l
- Diligence Service Award: for faithfulness, steadfastness and commitment to the service of God in the Church on Sunday 30th 2011.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering and High voltage Engineering
Current Postgraduate Supervision
1. Design And Construction of A Microcontroller Based Automated Intelligent Street Lighting System by Afolabi Awodeyi - March 2018
M.eng Electrical/Electronic Dessertation
1.Artificial Neural Network Based Voltage Collapse Prediction For Power System Networks By Soyemi Adebola Oluyemisi – December 2019.
2.Evaluation and Improvement of Power Quality on Distribution Network: A Case Study of Covenant University, Ota By Daudu Afah Toyin - 2020
Selected Publications (25)
1.A O Soyemi, I A Samuel, A Adesanya, A Akinmeji1 and F Adenugba. (2020). A robust energy policy review of selected African countries: An impetus for energy sustainability in Nigeria. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 1734, International Conference on Recent Trends in Applied Research (ICoRTAR). [Scopus-indexed]
2.I A Samuel, A O Soyemi, A A Awelewa, A A Olajube and J Ketande. (2020). Review of Voltage Stability Indices. (2020) Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science 730 (2021) 012024 ICTWESDA. [Scopus-indexed]
3. Isaac Samuel; Fiyinfoba A. Ogunkeye; Ayobami Olajube; Ayokunle Awelewa. (2020). Development of a Voice Chatbot for Payment Using Amazon Lex Service with Eyowo as the Payment Platform. Conference: 2020 International Conference on Decision Aid Sciences and Application (DASA). Page(s):104 – 108. [Scopus-indexed]
4.Samuel I, Adenugba F, Adesanya A, Daudu A, Owolabi B, Ogbe. (2019). The Prospects of Virtual Laboratories in Engineering Education across Africa – A Case Study in Electrical Engineering" the 3rd International Conference on Science and Sustainable Development (ICSSD2019), Covenant University Ota. [Scopus-indexed]
5. A. Awelewa, C. Okoma, O.M. Popoola, A.A. Olajube, I.A. Samuel "Rural Household Space Cooling and Lighting through a Solar Power-based Electric Supply System" 4th International Conference on Engineering for a Sustainable. World (ICESW 2020)
6.Adekitan, A.I, Olajube, A.A, Samuel, I.A Data-based Analysis of Power Generation and Transmission Losses in Nigeria" 2019 IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica 978-1-7281-1010-3/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
7.Peter Amaize, Tobi Ifabiyi and Awelewa Ayokunle "Quality Assessment of Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) for Energy Efficiency" 2017 International Conference on Energy Science and Electrical Engineering. Budapest, Hungary, Oct. 20-22, 2017.