Dr Maryam Tar
B.A (Hons.) French, M.A. French, Ph.D French
Applied Linguistics, French language teaching and learning,Translation studies
Awards & Honours
1. French Government Scholarship Award for One year Abroad Programme for French students in Bordeaux, France, 1981.
2. French Government Scholarship Award for a six weeks Refresher Course for French teachers at Universite de Lome, Togo 1984
3. French Government Scholarship Award for a two month Refresher Course for French Teachers, at the Centre Linguistique Appliquee, Besancon, France, 1995.
French Grammar and Composition, Practical French, French Culture and Civilisation, Francophone African Civilisation, Intensive Grammar Review, Communication in French
Selected Publications (11)
Paper presented : Comprehensive Analysis of Perceptions of Teachers on Challenges of Teaching Translation.
2. 12th Annual Conference and AGM, held at the University of Lagos, 14th -18th February 2010.
3. The Nigerian Psychological Association (South-West Zonal Conference and Meeting. Theme:Psychology,Rural Development and Wellbeing held at Covenant University Ota from 11-14 February 2014.
Paper presented: Impact of Psychological Wellbeing on the Vocabulary Acquisition Level of Nigerian Adolescents Learning French language in Rural Settings.
4. Tar, M.& Adejumo , G.O. (2015) being a paper presented at the Ife Humanities Conference,held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, from March 24- 27,2015.Paper presented:Impact of Interpreters’ Psychosocial Characteristics on Perceived Quality of Consecutive Interpretation (CI) from English to French among Congregations in Church Services.
Summary of Profile
She is currently a lecturer in French, in the Department of Languages and General Studies, College of Leadership Development Studies, Covenant University Ota. Prior to that, she had taught for several years at The College of Education Jalingo, Taraba State, where she was Head of Department of French for four years from 1992-1996.
Over the years, she has developed a keen interest in the teaching of the French Language, Culture and Civilization. Her research interest is in the area of French Language Teaching, Applied Linguistics.She is a member of two research clusters in the University.
She has published articles in reputable journals both local and International.