Dr Maryam Tar
B.A (Hons.) French, M.A. French, Ph.D French
Applied Linguistics, French language teaching and learning,Translation studies
Awards & Honours
1. French Government Scholarship Award for One year Abroad Programme for French students in Bordeaux, France, 1981.
2. French Government Scholarship Award for a six weeks Refresher Course for French teachers at Université de Lomé,Togo 1984
3. French Government Scholarship Award for a two month Refresher Course for French Teachers, at the Centre Linguistique Appliquée, Besançon, France, 1995.
French Grammar and Composition, Practical French, French Culture and Civilisation, Francophone African Civilisation, Intensive Grammar Review, Communication in French
Selected Publications (11)
Paper presented : Comprehensive Analysis of Perceptions of Teachers on Challenges of Teaching Translation.
2. 12th Annual Conference and AGM, held at the University of Lagos, 14th -18th February 2010.
3. The Nigerian Psychological Association (South-West Zonal Conference and Meeting). Theme:Psychology,Rural Development and Wellbeing held at Covenant University Ota from 11-14 February 2014.
Paper presented: Impact of Psychological Wellbeing on the Vocabulary Acquisition Level of Nigerian Adolescents Learning French language in Rural Settings.
4. Tar, M.& Adejumo , G.O. (2015) being a paper presented at the Ife Humanities Conference,held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, from March 24- 27,2015.Paper presented:Impact of Interpreters’ Psychosocial Characteristics on Perceived Quality of Consecutive Interpretation (CI) from English to French among Congregations in Church Services.
Summary of Profile
She is a lecturer in French, in the Department of Languages, College of Development Studies, Covenant University Ota. Prior to that, she had taught for several years at The College of Education Jalingo, Taraba State.
Over the years, she has developed a keen interest in the teaching of the French Language, Culture and Civilization. Her research interest is in the area of Applied Linguistics.
She has published some articles in reputable journals, and some have been accepted for publication.