PROFESSOR OF ACCOUNTING UWALOMWA UWUIGBE
B.Sc, MBA, M.Sc, PhD ACCOUNTING, ACMA, CGMA, ACTI, CFE, FCFIP, FAFAR, ANIM.
Environmental Accounting, Oil and Gas Accounting, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Governance, Environmental Issues and Gender Migration,
Awards & Honours
1) Covenant University Centre for Research & Development (CUCERD), Ph.D Research Grant 2009/2010.
2) Scholarship recipient International Corporate Governance Network. (ICGN)
3) Scholarship recipient Trade Policy Research Forum (TRAPCA)
Oil and Gas Accounting, Environmental Accounting, Management Information System, Financial Accounting 1&11, Auditing and Investigation and Public Sector Accounting
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2) DURODOLA Moyosoreoluwa Esther
3) FADAH Dein
4) Efobi. U.R.
6) Jinadu, O
7) OLUSANMI Olamide
8) Wisdom, Okere
9) Agba Love Uyoyoghene
10) Obarakpo Teddy
11) Simon Ilogho
12) OTEKUNRIN, A.
12) SHODIPE Mariam
13) FADAH Dein
OYELEKE Oyenike Ikeoluwa
OLURINOLA Moromoke Rachael
ILOGHO Simon Osiregbmhe
AGBA Love Uyoyoghene
FALOLA Irene Yetunde
Selected Publications (9)
2) Uwuigbe, U & Uadiale, O.M. (2010): Corporate Social Environmental Disclosure in Nigerian: A Comparative Study of the Building Material and Brewery Industry. Being a paper presented at the 3rd Annual Conference on Global Economic Downturn and the Nigeria Economy (5th & 6th May, 2010) University of Lagos.
3) Uwuigbe, U (2009): Environmental Sustainability Reporting and Firms’ Performance: A Study of Selected Firms in Nigeria. Being a paper presented at the Trade Policy Research Forum Arusha, Tanzania, 30 – 31 July, 2009
4) Uwuigbe, U & Olatunji, O.R (2008): Environmental Accounting: A tool for promoting Environmental Management in the Niger- Delta. International Conference on the Nigerian States, Oil Industry and the Niger-Delta.
5) Uwalomwa, U, Olatunji, R.O & Fakile, S.A (2005): The Value Effects of Mergers and Acquisitions in Nigeria. 2nd Annual Conference on Capitalization, Corporate Performance and Economic Growth in Less Developed Countries: The Nigerian Experience
6) Uwuigbe, U & Olatunji, O.R (2005): Globalization and Rural Development in Nigeria. 2nd Annual International Conference on Humanities, Nationalism and Democracy (Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife)
7) Olatunji, O.R & Uwuigbe, U (2004): Towards a sustainable educational System in a Developing Economy: Case for Nigerian Universities. Conference by African Council for Communication Education, Ibadan. (University of Ibadan)
Summary of Profile
Prof. Uwuigbe, Uwalomwa started his lecturing career at the Federal College of Education Kastina, where he did his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) between 1998 and 1999. He joined Covenant University as a lecturer in June 2004 and has remained in the services of the University, till date. He has served in various capacities which include, but not limited to the followings: He is currently the Chairman, Covenant University Student Discipline Committee from 2017 till date. He was the Head of Department, Accounting, School of Business, Covenant University Ota, Ogun State, from 2014 to 2016. He was also Chairman, College of Business and Social Sciences Conference and Seminar Committee, 2014 – 2016. He is also Chairman, Departmental Postgraduate Studies Committee, from 2014 till date. Others are: M.Sc Examiner, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. Osun State. He is a member of the Research Cluster on Environmental, Sustainability and Integrated Reporting Issues, 2014 till date; Member, Covenant University Sage Implementation Committee, 2016 till date; Member of Departmental Representative of College Publication Committee, 2010 to 2012; He has been lecturing in Postgraduate Programme (M.Sc. And PhD), 2012 till date. He was an adviser to students at various levels between 2012 to 2014 sessions. He is currently a member of the Board of Covenant Microfinance Bank Ltd. He has supervised over one hundred students at B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD levels.
Prof. Uwuigbe has published several articles in learned journals and chapters in books. He was a recipient of several achievements/scholarship, Fellowships and Prizes awards. He attended several Conferences both locally and internationally.